As a Candidate for the Ada County Commissioner District 2 office, Rick
· is a 40 year resident of Ada County
· has four generations of his family presently living in Ada County
· is a graduate of the University of Idaho Law School, the former director of the Idaho State Law Library, and the former Associate Director and Attorney for BSU’s Innocence Project. He was also an adjunct professor at BSU for eight years. In 2013, he retired from BSU after 21 years of work for the State of Idaho.
· is an Ada County Sheriff’s Office volunteer who has lead Bible studies and church services for six years
· is a Conservative Republican who believes in less government interference and less regulations
· is concerned about traffic, pollution, and threats to public safety that accompany rapid growth. The American Lung Association just gave Ada County Air Quality a grade of F !
· is in favor of responsible growth that ensures quality of life for Ada County residents
· is a proponent of practical, not extravagant, spending of taxpayers’ money.
· if elected to the commissioner office, and when reviewing a county building project, he would ask if the design and plans would be acceptable for his own office. He comes from a family of building contractors, and he would bring those insights to the Ada County Commission.
· he is committed to Ada County being a great place to live, work and raise a family.
· he loves living here, and he would be honored to serve as the next Ada County District 2 Commissioner.
To learn more about Rick Visser, go to the About Rick page and the On the Issues page.